Submit a Case


Miracle of Innocence, Inc. is an advocacy and investigative organization that considers cases of factual innocence primarily in murder and rape cases carrying Life or Death sentences, but other cases of factual innocence may be considered.    We consider a life sentence to be 25 years minimum to serve before parole eligibility.  We do not take on accidental death, self defense cases, or cases where the defendant had any involvement in the crime for which he/she was convicted.    We only consider cases in Kansas and Missouri prisons.

How to Write Miracle of Innocence, Inc.

If you fit the above criteria, you may send us a letter outlining the facts of your case.   Your summary should include the following points: 1) What you were convicted of?  Give a brief description of the crime. 2) Why were you arrested and taken to trial?  3) What evidence was used to convict you?  4) What evidence points toward your innocence?



We do not accept unsolicited documents.   We will respond within eight weeks with a letter that clearly states what we want in the way of information and what you can expect from us if we are able to consider your case.


Mail your letter to:

Miracle of Innocence, Inc.

13725 Metcalf Ave. #285

Overland Park, KS 66223



PLEASE NOTE:  We firmly insist that no one call our office -- not yourself, family, or friends.  We will not discuss your case with anyone but you, and this is done only through correspondence.


Other Information

It is important that you obtain your trial file and transcripts from your trial lawyer.   Your trial file is the file of materials your lawyer had when he or she went to trial with you.   The file should contain, police reports, forensic reports, witness statements, and pre-trial motions.  It is vital that you obtain this file and transcripts.   You will need them to work on your case.  It also would be beneficial for you to see what the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA or FOIL) laws are for your state.   Submit a request to the various relevant agencies for files relating to your case and crime to which you were convicted.   The prison law library will contain information about how and where to file.